Do you know, What is the procedure to get Income Tax Refund, if Taxpayee changed Address.

It is common Demand of Every Taxpayee, if changed address after submitting the Annual Income Tax Return, however, Taxpayee get Income Tax Refund Case. In the interest of Taxpayee Income Tax department suggest the following Procedure if refund cheque not received due to change in address-

1. Know whether Return was filed online or manually

2. If return is filed online then refund will be processed by CPC Bangalore and need to send a request letter for change in address to CPC Bangalore or

3. If return is filed manually then first it will be processed by the concerned officer and thereafter ECS/ Cheque will be issued by SBI. Write a letter to the department stating that refund cheque was not received due to change in address.

4. Update the PAN Master Database - Apply for change in address in the PAN card in following form “Request for new PAN card / change or correction in PAN data.”

The applicant is required to fill all the columns of the form and tick the boxes on the left margin of the address for communication. He is required to give the following documents also along with the demand draft of Rs 94 made in favour of “NSDL – PAN” payable at Mumbai for payment
  • Proof of PAN – Copy of PAN Card, Copy of PAN allotment letter
  • Proof of PAN surrendered – Copy of PAN card for the PAN to be surrendered
  • Proof of identity- Copy of Ration card, Driver’s license, Voter’s ID card, passport or any other document
  • Proof of Address – Electricity bill, Telephone Bill, Passport, ration card
  • Proof in support of the change required – proof of the changed address
5 Provide the address which was filled in your ITR and the changed address as updated in the PAN master Database


Post a Comment