Friends, Now a days we are living in Internet World i.e. "WWW" and due this all the taxpayee take an opportunity of Internet to see their refund status, furnishing Income Tax Return, See Challan. All the facility provided by NSDL and other allied partner web site (Government). And hence the taxpayee asked question to Government that, where is TDS Certificate or Form No.16 or Form No. 16A. For this the Government provide the facility to taxpayee that automatically Form No. 16 & 16A Generation from nsdl website. For that some information is required and follows the below steps:
- The deductor has to register their TAN with nsdl website. Click on the "Online TAN Registration" available in the home page of www.tin-nsdl.com and follow the due procedures mentioned therein.
- Upon registration the deductor would be allotted an Reference Number. Note down this number.
- The deductor will also receive an email from NSDL informing the Reference Number, User Name, Password...etc
- After confirmation of registration formalities, go to www.tin-nsdl.com website, and Login to TAN Account
- Provide the User Name, Password and TAN Number
- Provide the details as asked for by the website for every quarter. You will receive by email a text file from nsdl.
- Now the said text file needs to be converted into a pdf file / TDS certificate (Form 16A). Requisite conversion software provided in the website itself.
- Once converted your TDS certificates will be saved in your computer automatically at the defined path.
- Take print out of the certificates and check the same for 100% accuracy
- If found in order, affix seal and signature and issue the certificate to the deductees
NSDL is yet to announce such facility for Salary TDS Certificate. For the time they have made available such facility only for Form 16A (non salary cases)