Recently, Tin.nsdl has released latest Return Preparation Utility version 1.1 based on Java platform for regular statements from financial year 2007-08 and onwards. Before this utility for Regular RPU version 4.3 is the used. Apart from this the RPU Version 1.1 in java platform, Why?. Because, it is easy to use and incorporated with FVU version 4.6. There are many new features added in java based RPU version 1.1 which are as under.
The e-TDS/TCS RPU is a Java based utility. JRE (Java Run-time Environment) [versions: SUN JRE: 1.6 onwards] should be installed on the computer where the e-TDS/TCS FVU is being installed. Java is freely downloadable from http://java.sun.com and http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk or you can ask your vendor providing computer facilities (hardware) to install the same for you.
The e-TDS/TCS RPU setup file (e-TDS/TCS RPU.zip) comprises mainly of three files and rest are supporting jar files. Main jar files are as listed below:
- TDS_RPU.jar: This is RPU program file. This is executable file.
- TDS_FVU_STANDALONE_4.6.jar: This is the FVU program file (for financial year greater than 2009-10)
- TDS_FVU_STANDALONE_2.142.jar: This is the FVU program file (for financial year less than equal to 2009-10).
Other supporting files are as below:
Key features of RPU 1.1
- NSDL e-TDS/TCS Return Preparation Utility in JAVA platform.
- Preparation of Regular TDS/TCS Statement(s) for Form 24Q, 26Q, 27Q & 27EQ pertaining to Financial Year 2007-08 onwards (for all quarters).
- Quoting of PAN of responsible person for deducting/ collecting tax.
- Quoting of AIN mandatory only if the TDS/TCS has been deposited by book entry i.e., through transfer voucher.
- Quoting of BIN mandatory only for the statements pertaining to FY 2013-14 onwards.
- Reduction in the applicable list of “Nature of Remittances” (Applicable in case of Form no. 27Q).
- NSDL RPU is a freely downloadable utility.
- Incorporation of latest File Validation Utility (FVU) version 4.6 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 onwards) and FVU version 2.142 (applicable for TDS/TCS statements upto FY 2009-10).
New Latest Download e-TDS/TCS RPU Ver. 1.1 (Click Here)